By the end of the second day, mostly everybody understood exactly what was necessary to complete the key lifts. Valery's six points on mastering the rack position (see below) was a major breakthrough for many. His hands-on correction of Swing technique seemed to mold the amazed athlete's body around the kettlebell, erasing months of trial and error. As I coached, working side by side with Valery, I was in awe of the Champ's ability to breakdown any language barrier and express to the new lifter precisely what was needed.
Six Points of the Rack Position
- Kettlebell handle sits on the hip of the palm (heel of hand, pinky side)
- Wrist is relaxed and back (as if making okay sign)
- Fingers, except for index, tucked behind bell handle
- Arm forms a V to cradle the ball of the bell
- Elbow is on the hip (illiac crest), round the back
- Knees are straight and hips are forward
Great job Eric, Valery, Marty, Ashley, Lauri, and everybody else that helped out. This was truly a stellar event. Thanks also to gym owner Zach for the space and awesome location.